Sunday, July 20, 2008

Time to lose it...

My silly little girl. "Sticker time"

Dressing up in mommies shoes

Adi's new "big girl" bed

My beauty

Last night I got on the scale. YIKES!!! I have not lost any weight since I had Olivianna. I am 20 pounds more than I was when I got pregnant, and I would like it off! Luke and I leave for Hawaii in 5 weeks. Starting tomorrow, I will wake up at 6:30 and jog for 20 minutes before Luke goes to work. I used to enjoy jogging so much, but since I had Adi, I don't jog. I think it is because I do not like jogging with a jogging stroller. (I know this is somewhat of an excuse!!!) Anyway, my goal is to lose 15 pounds in the next 5 weeks. I believe I can do that. If I lose 3 pounds a week, I will reward myself the week before I go to Hawaii with $150 dollars to buy a couple new outfits.

On another note...Adi has been in her big girl bed now for 3 days. She has not gotten out of it once during the night OR at nap time. She amazes me. I am having so much fun with her. It seems as if in the last week or so she has grown up. I look at her and am just amazed by the creation that she is.

"The thing is to rely only on God. The time will come when you will regard all this misery as a small price to pay for having been brought to that dependence. Meanwhile, the trouble is that relying on God has to begin all over again every day as if nothing has yet been done."

I read this on someones blog today. It really hit home. I am finding how true it is that misery leads me to rely solely on Christ, being totally dependent on Him. But that each day I am given a new opportunity and command to rely on Him again. I so desire to believe that I can do nothing on my own, therefore always looking to Christ for everything. These last 4 months have brought me closer to that place.

No comments: