Saturday, July 19, 2008

Growing up so fast


Today I met with Lori-Cae, our nurse that helped deliver precious Olivianna Grace. What a God fearing, loving, radiant woman she is. Her eyes filled with tears as she looked at the pictures of Olivianna. Her life made an impact on so many. Lori-Cae and I talked for 3 hours; sharing stories, hugs and tears. We talked about Dr. Altman, and our desire for him to know Jesus. We talked about the way the Lord is using my life, my faithfulness to God almighty for His glory. Oh, how I pray that He will use this difficult situation to bring Him glory. I pray that it will not be waisted.


This afternoon I played with Adi in her tent. We read stories and sang songs. As I looked at her, all I could think of was how much she and Olivianna look alike. Thank you Jesus that when I look at Adi, I also see my other precious daughter. I wonder what she would have looked like if she were with me now. She would be 24 days old today. She has been worshipping the God almight for 24 days. "Better is one day in your courts than thousands else where."

Thank you Jesus.


Tonight Adi started to sleep in a big girl bed.

It made me emotional.
My baby girl is getting big. She is out of her crib. As we took apart her crib, I said to Luke "doesn't if feel like just yesterday that we were putting this up? Joyfully anticipating her birth?"

She is now 21 months. What a wonderful adventure it has been.

She did not get out of her big girl bed once tonight. We told her that big girls go straight to sleep, and she did! Obediant little one!!!!


I am off to bed. I praise the Lord for his provision in our lives.

Thank you Jesus!

1 comment:

Scott and Susie said...

This one was hard to read - tears came falling quickly. I so hurt for you and Luke and feel the pain as much as I can imagine of it. We are truly loved in that God gave his Son so willingly for us. He must love us a lot! Children are so special and a gift from God. I love you!