Saturday, July 26, 2008

Called according to HIS purpose...


Who I am in Christ is the best part of me. It truly defines who I am. My identity is found in His truth and promises for my life. I am because of Him. I desire His will, whatever that might be, because I believe that "for those who love God, all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)

Over and over again this verse comes to my mind. I have read it in so many versions, studied it, clung to it. Nothing brings me more reassurance, more hope, more peace and more joy to know that because I love God, any trial, pain, suffering and hardship that I go through, will "all work together for good." I praise the Lord that His sovereignty works over both the good and bad in life.

Suffering has helped me to grow spiritually. It has helped me to be sensitive to the holy spirit's working in my life. It has made me prayerful. It has brought me to a place of dependence on God and a trust that I would not have otherwise. It brings me into a deeper intimacy with the One who suffered for me. I am learning to rejoice in my suffering. No matter what.

Last night after sewing group, I was talking to Luke about a friend who is going through a tough time. We prayed for her and her husband, and that the Lord would be Jehovah-rapha in their lives. I was pleading with God for this family. After we prayed, it dawned on me that we do not pray for Olivianna any more. We do not need to. We lift our requests up to God almighty, usually having to do with health, safety, peace, etc...and now we have no need to ask God for these things anymore in her life. He has answered our prayers.

We prayed for a miracle and she was given 11 minutes of life with barely any lungs.
We prayed for healing and we have the promise that she is whole and perfect in heaven.
We prayed that she would be beautiful and she was angelic.
We prayed that the Lord would use her life in many ways, and He gave us the opportunity to give her heart/heart valves to another little baby who needed them.
We prayed that He would sustain us, and HE does. Each minute, each hour, each day.
Praise Jesus that He works ALL things together for His good.

On another note, I did well this week with eating right and exercising. It was pretty difficult getting up at 6:30 in the morning to jog when I was soooooo tired. Nonetheless, because of Luke's wonderfully gentle pushes, I persevered!!! Thank you to all who have encouraged me.

This week starts a season of camping for the family. We have a couple of trips planned and I look forward to hanging out with family and spending time outside.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4



No comments: