Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The land of the beautiful

Our wonderful day trip to Yosemite....

PURE EXCITEMENT




Glacier Point





Life is a journey



Smiling for momma




Adi contemplating the size of half dome


We had a wonderful day today with Nanny and Pappa in Yosemite. I hadn't been here since Luke and my anniversary in November. I was 8 weeks pregnant with Olivianna and I was very sick. The doctors say that sometime around the 8th week is when the diaphragm is supposed to form. I always think about that when I think of Yosemite. My babies diaphragm was supposed to be forming, but God had other plans for her life. He created her a little bit different for His purpose.

Yosemite is a beautiful place to visit. The rocks are amazing. The sky so blue, the valley so deep.
We started our day in the valley. We had a picnic in the woods, played in the water at the beach and walked to the lower Yosemite falls. Although it was hot, there was a beautiful breeze that swept across the valley and refreshed us. The trees were green and the yellow flowers brilliant with color. We finished the day driving up to Glacier Point. The mountain top. A birds eye view of the valley. It was breathtaking. I had to keep a very close eye on Adalin...as you could imagine!!! After our hike back down we finished the day with a treat (of course I didn't get one because I don't want to have to "work" it off!!!) The results of a yummy ice cream cone

No comments: