Friday, July 11, 2008


Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is in work within us, to Him be the glory. Ephesians 3:20-21
Today I met with a couple of woman from the church who are starting a new ministry within the woman's minsitry branch at Big Valley. They called me yesterday and asked if I would be available to meet ASAP to bounce some ideas off of. They began the meeting talking about how the church has been praying about and desiring a new local outreach that woman can serve in and that women in the community can be served. They explained their idea of a "clothes closet" for moms to receive clothes and necessities for their children. Moms who are in need would have a short meeting to discuss their families needs, and then would recieve a bag full of gently used and new items to meet that need. The church would be meeting the physical need first, allowing for more ground to meet their spiritual need as well. They explained to me that this "idea" was going to the financial team and then to the elders within the next week or so, but that many things would need to be prayed over and figured out. I thought it was a great idea.
After they talked about the purpose of the ministry, they told me that the purpose they needed to meet with me ASAP was because they wanted to know if they could call the ministry "Olivianna's Closet." A ministry that will carry Olivianna's life on...a ministry that will meet the needs of other mothers. A ministry where relationships can be built and individuals can come to know the love of Christ and their need for a savior.
As you could imagine, I was in tears (as were the women)! All I could think of was..."LORD, USE HER LIFE FOR YOUR GLORY. COME AND MAKE IT BEAUTIFUL."
And I know He will!


1 comment:

Scott and Susie said...

OK, so I'm really glad to hear I'm not the only one that gets frustrated over things I have no control over. I'm going to tell Scott to come and pray over me when I get "ugly." :) I'm asking God to help me in this area, and when I'm in the midst of the stuff of this life and I'm at peace, I know it must be HIM!