Sunday, August 10, 2008

ROCK OF AGES
watermelon eating contests with dad!!!

Lexi and Adi in the garden

My new bike helmet and seat!!!



After a VERY successful morning "garage sale-ing" with some friends, we had some fun with our finds. The treasures I found include...Adi's fall wardrobe for 25 cents each piece, a train set for $1, some fun fabric, useful craft supplies, and the find of the day (drum role please!!!!)...this bike seat in excellent condition. I absolutely love the thrill of the hunt!


These last 5 months have been like a dream; yet each day it seems as if I am emerging out of it. Some days I wake up groggy to life, other days refreshed and ready for the new beginning promised to me. I remember thinking to myself back in March, "How am I ever going to make it through this? How am I ever going to be normal again?" It dawned on me today that with Christ carrying me, I made it through.

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name' sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; Thou annointest my head with oil; My cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.



I praise the Lord that He knows the "green pastures" and "quiet waters" that will restore my soul. I will reach these places only by following him obediently and submitting my will to His.


Tonight at church we sang a song that was extremely meaningful to me. It is called Rock of Ages. The lyrics speak the words that my heart whispers to God daily.
My hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus' blood and righteousness,
great is your faithfulness, great is your love, oh God.
Rock of ages, you will stand. My foundation, till the end.
Never failing, God unchanging,
Rock of ages, You will stand.

When darkness seems to hide your face,
I rest on your unchanging grace,
Great is your faithfulness, Great is your love, oh God.
In every high and stormy gale,
my anchor holds within the veil.
Great is your faithfulness, great is your love, oh God.
Rock of ages, you will stand. My foundation, till the end.
Never failing, God unchanging,
Rock of ages, You will stand.

I praise the Lord that He is the ROCK in which I stand, the ROCK OF AGES.

Here is a sweet little video of Adi for those of you (great grandparents) that haven't seen her in a while!

No comments: