Monday, August 18, 2008

It is all a matter of faith in a God who is Faithful!!!



Sorrow.

I am deeply hurting for my close friend Corinne. She went to her 16 week prenatal checkup yesterday morning and the doctor could not find the heartbeat. Instantly... The loss. The extreme pain and sorrow. The dreams that no longer can be held. Life forever changed.
Instantly.

I would have never chosen this trial or any trial for that matter. The absolute devastation of losing your child is at times unsufferable. Nevertheless, by God’s grace, I have been able to press into Christ and seek what purposes He had in bringing Olivianna into our life. I believe that He doesn’t allow anything to happen without a specific purpose. God knows what He is doing. He thought up her existence. He detailed the perfect number of minutes that she would live to accomplish His purpose for her life. He gave us the exact amount of anguish that we could handle to keep us pressing into Him- not giving us too much that we would become angry or weary. He flooded us with His protection, His peace, His mercy.

He has provided emotional energy, emotional stability, and emotional healing.
My God is good all of the time, and not only is He good- but all things that He allows into my life are for my good.
But it still hurts.
It still sucks.

God, why babies?
They are so innocent. So pure. So precious. Why do you take them?
Why? Why baby Cline? Why allow this to happen to another family whose first desire is to love and serve you?

You know how we feel. Your baby was not much of a baby. He was 33. But He was innocent. He was pure. He was precious. But He had to die to fulfill your plan for His life. Help us to trust in you...for you know the plans you have for us (declares the Lord).
I read this following paragraph today as I sat thinking about God's plan for my life.
What’s going on in our lives at this time could be God’s way of doing surgery on our souls – we just can’t see what the pain is sparing us from or preparing us to do or how it will be used for the future. It’s all a matter of faith in a God who is faithful. A God who doesn’t allow pain for the sake of pain – but has a plan even for the pain that seems unnecessary. We just can’t see the work that He is inevitably doing beneath the surface. He’s allowing circumstances that if we could see the outcome of His plan – we would say, “Cut deeper.” May we not miss what He intends!


It's all a matter of faith in a God who is faithful.

Praise Jesus!

Please pray for my sweet friend Corinne and her family. Pray for peace. Pray for healing. Pray for Christ to be magnified in their lives.
We love you Corinne and Chad!

Here are a couple of pictures from our relaxing camping trip to Clarks Fork. We spent 4 days enjoying God's creation. Enjoying family. Enjoying life.

Hanging out in the ice cold river....



Collecting rocks and sticks



Our family



Posing for mommy


What happens when you leave a child in a tent unattended!!! (my makeup)





God's beautiful creation: The earth declares His glory



Trying to get atleast one layer of dirt off...




Looking back...Last years camping bath!

My baby girl is getting BIG!


And a picture of my Olivianna Grace...simply because I miss her.

2 comments:

ASHENFELTERS said...

So sorry for your friends loss. We will keep her and her family in our prayers...God be glorified!

This and That said...

Amber,
I just found your blog. Thank you for sharing your story. My prayers are with you. Hope to see you soon.
Yvette