Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A hole in my heart

I miss my sweet daughter today.
Olivianna would be 6 weeks 1 day old if she were here with us.
I continue to repeat over and over in my head..."Better is one day in your courts than thousands elsewhere." I know that she is beautiful.... and glorious....and perfect.... and experiencing more love than she could ever receive on this fallen planet. But I miss her. Until the day that we are together again....I miss her.
Thank you family and friends for your prayers, cards, hugs, dinners and even the mentioning of her name. It is music to my ears!
We are blessed.



Luke's Aunt Caroline made this stepping stone for our family to place in the garden. It is such a special reminder to me of her life. She almost did not give it to us because it cracked the morning of Olivianna's funeral. I love the crack because it reminds me that we live in a fallen and broken world, but the stone was rolled away...He has risen and has overcome the world. Praise Jesus!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog through MckMama's blog, and I wanted to tell you thank you. I have just read all of it, and been reminded of my own story. I have three children on earth and three in Heaven. After a tubal pregnancy and then the birth of my beautiful firstborn, who is now almost 4, we had a miscarriage at 18 weeks due to placenta abruption. That has been 2 1/2 years ago, and it still hurts, but I will tell you that then pain gets less sharp and more easy to deal with. That experience has brought me much closer to the Lord. After another blighted ovum, we were blessed with TWINS. The Lord does exceedingly, ABUNDANTLY more than we can ever ask or think. He is amazing. Our twins were born 2 months early, and are now a year old and beautifully healthy. I pray that the Lord comfort and restore you in your dreams for your family.
God Bless you,
April in TX

Aaron Sauer said...

Love you guys. Your honest is so refreshing and beautiful. I love the stepping stone, it is so special. We continue to pray for you!