Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"Wait on Me"

I have 7 precious days with sweet Olivianna Grace in my belly.

I went into the doctor last Thursday to be checked for dialation and all that good stuff. I was at 3 1/2 cent. and 75% effaced. Dr. Altman left on Saturday for a camping trip with his son for a week, so Luke and I have been doing our best to not go into labor. I know that the Lord will keep her in my belly until He has appointed her to come out. I trust in His timing.

We made the very difficult decision to induce labor on the 24th, which is next Tuesday. My sister and Mark (and her family) will be in Hawaii that whole week. This was a hard decision to make, but after crying with her on the phone, we decided that for Luke and I, it would be best to have her that day. She will be back for the funeral if we have to have one! With this said.....

I am continuing to pray for a miracle. I keep hearing the holy spirit whisper "wait" into my soul. I ask of the Lord, "what do you mean by WAIT? Am I waiting for a miracle, for her to be healed, for what Lord?" and He reminds me that He has commanded me to wait for His salvation, for His goodness, for His mercy, for His faithfulness, for His hope, for His justice and compassion and love and promises. He is asking me to Wait...to Trust...to Have Faith that He is in control.

In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3

Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. Psalm 27:14

We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. Psalm 33:20

I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. Psalm 40:1

I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. Psalm 130:5

Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts. Isaiah 26:8

Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! Isaiah 30:18

Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life. Jude 1:21


Thank you Lord for teaching me to wait on you. For teaching me patience in suffering. For teaching me that in and through you all things are possible. Thank you for an intimacy that I would never have experienced if you weren't taking me through this. Continue to draw me to your heart and the things of your heart. I desire to know you more.



No comments: