Sunday, June 22, 2008

Into the world you will come...

WOW...what a whirlwind of emotions. This week has flown by and here I find myself less than two days away from Olivianna's birth day. I feel like I have had so many decisions to make, so many things to line up, so many people to talk to and things to get ready. I realized last night that I don't even remember the breathing techniques for labor. With Adalin, we had just taken la maze and we were very fresh on what to do. I will need to do a quick review tonight and tomorrow!
Today after church we went to lunch with both sets of parents. We had a very nice time. They have been such a blessing to us during the last three months. We are truly grateful for such amazing parents. Thank you mom and dad Grover and Moore. We love you!

I have wanted to write my baby girl a letter for quite some time now...but have not been able to. Tonight my heart longed to....desired to...needed to.....

Olivianna,
My sweet sweet baby girl. In two short days you will leave the warmth and comfort of my womb, the only home that you have known, and enter into a cold and hurting world. My arms will be right there to embrace you and keep you warm, for as long as God has you on this earth. We have prayed for you earnestly since the moment we found out that you were a miracle growing inside of me. We have prayed for your body, for your future, for your heart, for what the Lord has planned for your life. God has made you so fearfully and wonderfully, we know that He will use you in mighty ways. Although you don't know this yet, your life has already made such an impact on so many people. You are a testimony of God's faithfulness in our lives. We thank Him that He has chosen us to be your mommy and daddy. What a privilege it is!
As I count down the hours until I meet you face to face, I pray for a miracle in your little body. I pray for healing of your spine and diaphragm, and that you will have supernatural lungs. I pray for the sweet sound of your cry when you are born. I pray that I will see your precious little eyes gazing into mine. I desire life for you. I desire to watch you learn to crawl, to walk, to eat with a fork, drink from a cup, say your first words, learn to give kisses, play with friends, run through the sprinklers, take you to your first day of school, watch you dance, and run and laugh. I desire to lend a shoulder to cry on when you are hurting and give a "high five" and hug when you have accomplished something great. I desire to be an example of a Godly wife and mother, so that one day you will be one too. I desire to watch you walk down the isle on your wedding day, to hold your first precious child and to help you change dirty diapers when you just can't change one more! I desire to pray for you, to love you and be with you during the good and bad times of life. I desire you, my sweet sweet Olivianna Grace. I pray for a miracle.
If God chooses to bring you home with Him on Tuesday, know that I love you with all my heart and that I will always cherish the sweet moments that I have had with you. You have been a blessing to your daddy and I, and we will long to be praising our Lord Jesus Christ forever and ever with you one day soon. Baby girl....ENJOY THE GLORY OF OUR HEAVENLY FATHER. I WILL PICTURE YOU DANCING AT HIS FEET!!!
I love you sweet heart. You are my precious little angel.
Held in Christ's arms,
your loving mommy

No comments: