Saturday, June 28, 2008

Olivianna Grace in the presence of JESUS!!!


Today is Friday, June 27th. My precious baby girl has been with Jesus for 3 days now. I miss her beyond words. My heart is numb as I try to make sense of her death. She lived on this earth in the loving arms of her mommy and daddy for 11 minutes and 6 seconds. My brother in law wrote in a card to Luke and I...A friend once told me that "life is short, but it is wide." In just a few precise minutes Olivianna's short life impacted hundreds of people- an impact that will, and is, echoing in eternity. Her life was wide. This is truly what we believe about Olivianna's life. She lived short but touched more lives than most people do in a lifetime. I am thankful that the Lord used me as an instrument of His grace, faithfulness and sovereignty. He used my body to carry Olivianna and love on her for a short time so that His purpose could take place. I do not know even a sliver of the reason why He took Olivianna to be with Him, but I know that He gives me glimpses. He wants me to be more like Him, He longs for true worship and intimacy with Him, He wants others to know Him and His saving power, He wants to use me and He wants me to be used.
And after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, support, strengthen, and establish you. 1 Peter 5:10
Dear Jesus,
Please help me to look to you during this time of grief.
Please help me to not be swallowed up by the pain of losing Olivianna.
Help me to mourn in a way that brings you glory and honor. Help me to remember her with Joy and a smile on my face. I know that I will have to walk through this time of healing, and that it will be full of tears. Thank you for catching each tear in a bottle.
I love you and love to be used by you.
In your precious name,
your little girl


1 comment:

Those Nutty Kids said...

I don't personnally know you, but I felt God wanting me to post something encouraging to you. I am so sorry for your loss. I am praying for you, and I know that your little girl is with Jesus now.
Praying for you,
Beth, 14