Sunday, December 28, 2008

Life has been pretty crazy for our family this last week.

We celebrated a wonderful Christmas eve with Luke's family this year. We started off by bringing flowers and a small tree to Olivianna's grave site. She would have been 6 months on the 24th. How a half a year flies by....
That was a sweet time for me, as I have missed her more and more as time goes by. That evening we ate lots of yummy food and way toooooo many yummy desserts, opened presents and spent some time remembering the reason why we celebrate Christmas. The birth of our Lord and Savior.




On Christmas day we traveled up to Sonora to my brother and sister in loves house. They live on 3 acres of absolute beauty in the rolling hill country. It didn't snow, but we sure had a lot of hail and stormy weather!
Once again, we had an amazing meal, ate lots of desserts, opened way too many presents and took lots of pictures. The 3 little ones had so much fun playing with each others new toys, dancing, and going for a cold walk with nanny and papa! It was a great day!

Adi singing "jingle bells"



Adi and Lexi laying down for a little rest together

I was in bed that Christmas evening by 7:15 and did not wake up until about 8:45 the next morning. I guess I really needed my sleep. On Friday morning we got a call from the doctor once again confirming that all of my blood tests came back stating a failed pregnancy. This started my weekend of depression. I was trying not to be bumbed out...but all I could think of was how this year has continued to present itself with pretty stinky things. Finding out about Olivianna in the beginning of March. Our house getting shot up in the end of March, a funeral in June, a robbery in September, a failed pregnancy in Nov/December...and with only 60 hours left of the year...another morning in the hospital for a D&C (more on that later;).

On Saturday morning we woke up early and met up with Luke's family to go on an adventure. We drove to Yosemite to go on a sleigh ride in the winter wonderland! Luke's grammy and papa are from Oregon and drove down to spend Christmas here this year. One of the items on grammy's bucket list is to go on a real horse drawn sleigh ride. Part of her Christmas present from the family was this adventure.


The weather was absolutely beautiful on Saturday. We boarded the sleigh and got all warmed up in the blankets ready for the ride. The two Belgian work horses pulled us for about 25 minutes until we reached the half way point where there was a fire and hot apple cider waiting for us. We had a little break (picture time!!!) and than got back on the sleigh for another 25 minutes of more downhill sleighing. I highly recommend this to ALL. (It departs at Tenaya lodge right outside of the Yosemite gate). We finished the day with a delicious meal at a Mexican restaurant and headed home. It was a long, yet lovely day!











Rick & Rex were the horses names




Adi going through gigi's purse






Sunday was my hard day. I woke up not wanting to get up out of bed. Do you ever have those days that you lay in bed and think....I will just sleep all of this sadness and disappointment away? Well, that is what I wanted to do. I was dreading what was coming Monday morning, dreading how I was feeling, and honestly dreading that I had one more day to be around a whole lot of people.

... but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

Praise the Lord that He did not allow me to have this attitude all day. He truly renewed my strength and brought peace to my heart.

Sunday was the day that we had our Balsbaugh family Christmas. Once again....we ate lots of food...opened presents....spent time in communion and remembering Christs birth and Resurrection...ate lots of dessert...and finished the day off with some card games. It ended up being a great afternoon.

Monday morning. 8:00 a.m. Memorial hospital.
I had my D&C performed by my wonderful doctor. All of the nurses were very sensitive and sorry that I had to be back in the hospital under this situation. The procedure went well, lasting about 45 minutes. Because of the anesthesia, I came home and slept the day away. My amazing husband took care of me, as did my MOPS friends that I was privileged to spend some time with in the evening.
I am just so glad that this is all behind me.

With all of that said....I have been thinking a lot lately about how I am praying to have a much better year in 2009. Although over and over I am reminded that I am not guaranteed a better 2009. I am guaranteed life in Christ. I am guaranteed His love, His salvation, His inheritance, His rest....but not an easy 2009.
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30

I am the bread of life;no one who comes to me will ever hunger,and no one who believes in me will ever thirst. John 6:35

What will separate us from the love of Christ?Will trouble, or hardship, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or the sword?No, in all these things we triumph victoriously through him who loved us. For I am certain that neither death nor life, neither angels nor principalities, neither present things, nor future things,nor powers, neither height nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.Romans 8:35, 37- 39

I pray that my eyes will be fixed on Jesus this year. That my faith will be strengthened and renewed each day. That my witness will be pure and glorifying to the Lord. That I will be a light in this dark world. That I will care about others more than myself. That I will grow in my walk with my savior, my husband and my sweet Adalin Rose.

I also pray that we will be able to have a healthy baby one day again.

Thank you once again for all of your love toward our family. We are truly blessed to have so many amazing people in our lives. We pray that we can be an encouragement and support to you in your time of need as well. We love you dear family and friends.

5 comments:

Kami said...

I just can't get over how wonderful and beautiful you are. Even though you have faced so many struggles, with God's love, you get right back up and keep on going. You are an insiration my dear and I enjoy every one of your posts. God is amazing and you will be blessed with another beautiful baby.

Kami

Anonymous said...

I am in amazement of what the Lord is doing in you. I hesitate to say "keep it up" becuase with grow comes growing pains. And I think you've had enough of those this year. But I am waiting to see the beauty from the ashes that is being created.

Love you my dear friend.

Aunt Nell said...

HAPPY 2009, darling. Praying with you that this year will bring many NEW and wonderful blessings IN Christ. You have been an inspiration to me of the hope and joy and perseverance (sp?) and compassion and humility and brokeness and obedience and most of all the love that we are to have for Christ. Through all your struggles you have not doubted Gods love for you..for your life...for the things you are going through. I admire that. I pray God blesses you and Luke in the new year as well. LOVE LOVE LOVE the sleigh ride fotos. Those are amazing. I am gonna look into that one day. The beautiful white snow reminded me of how beautiful life in Christ can be, when we surrender our own lives to His will. How God sees us as white as snow. WOW. Thanks for your heartfelt posts. Love you girl!! Happy 2009.

Karen said...

praying for you friend as you start this new year. I love reading your blog because amidst the pain there is resounding hope in your writing. I am so proud of who you are Amber and the way you continue to point to God and allow Him to shape you even in the midst of deep pain and disappointment. love you.

ASHENFELTERS said...

Such great pictures Amber! Beautiful! Praying God's blessing on your family this year...