Tuesday, January 6, 2009



Adalin shot all of these photos. I would not usually post a bunch of pictures of me on here (as you know from the very few photos that I have of me on this blog!) But we had so much fun on our mommy/daughter photo shoot (and after playing around in photoshop) that I thought I would post some. I taught Adi how to stand with the tripod, hold the camera, zoom the lense and snap the picture. The camera survived "the fall" with only a couple scratches. The living room floor was a little more beat up! (teaching her on a professional camera is probably not the wisest decision!!!) We had fun nonetheless!!!



A few photos from the last few weeks....
Sweet Sunset from Bangs ave



Adi loves playing with her kitchen!


We babysat my sisters dog (Zoe) for 2 nights

A succulent pot I made for my living room


Quick like lightning!!!
Luke teaching Adalin how to build a fire



The life of a follower of Jesus Christ is an exchanged life. It is not a life we can "give," yet hold on to at the same time.

"I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ living in me. Gal 2:20"
"For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Phil 1:21"
I have been seriously challenged lately.
Over the last 4 months I have been reading (and re-reading) a book by Major W. Ian Thomas entitled The Saving Life of Christ. The Lord has been using this book in my life to transform the way I think, live and love.
Over four hundred years the children of Israel had been enslaved in Egypt, suffering horribly under the taskmasters harsh hands and unable to help themselves. They were desperately hopeless, except for the fact that God had promised Abraham 400 years before that He would be their redeemer. This is a picture that God has given us of the unforgiven sinner, not yet in a relationship with God Almighty. The land of Egypt represents our natural condition of spiritual death, and the taskmaster represents the flesh and its control over human behavior.

God 's purpose was not for Israel to remain in Egypt being tyrannized by the taskmaster, just as it is not His purpose for us to remain in a condition of spiritual defeat and brokenness, thus His plan to get the Israelites out.
God raised up a man named Moses who would lead the people out of Egypt as God had promised. If the people would simply trust in Him, and by faith rest in His promise, they would be redeemed.

"The story goes on to tell us that as God's judgement descended upon Egypt that night (The passover), God, by the hand of Moses, led His people out from Egypt and through the Red Sea. Because of God's miraculous intervention, the Israelites went through the Red Sea on dry land, but when the Egyptians tried to follow, they were drowned. So the enemy was buried in the place of death, while God's people passed on through the place of death into a new land and on to a new life (Thomas 38)."

Just as the Egyptian taskmasters were buried in the place of death, from which God's chosen were saved miraculously by God, so we as believers by faith in Jesus Christ are crucified with Christ, and our old sin nature (flesh=Egypt) is buried with Him there. "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Gal 2:20) Christ's death for you and me was not only a payment for our sins & of bearing God's wrath, but it was also in terms of deliverance and ransom.

This is Christ in me...the hope of glory. The power of His hand inside the glove (me), His strength for my weakness, His love for my hate and His cleansing for my nastiness. This was, and is God's purpose for redeeming His people. His purpose was Canaan, the promise land. Christ now, in me living victoriously through me as I submit my whole being to Him. He desires me to be ALIVE IN CHRIST today....not dabbling around in the wilderness day after day, year after year, wishing for what is to come. He desires me to live heaven NOW. To know unspeakable joy and hope, freedom and glory. To live redeemed.

And so we must ask ourselves....in which state of being am I living? Am I living in Egypt, as an unforgiven sinner? Am I living in the wilderness, a carnal christian who has received salvation through faith, has received the holy spirit, yet lives defeated and worn out, in "self imposed poverty" because I do not take for myself the power and resources that Christ gives to me because of His death and resurrection? Or...am I living in Canaan? The biblical picture of the Christ-centered, spirit filled life. A victorious follower of Jesus Christ living heaven on earth NOW?


I do not want to wander for 40 years as the Israelites did. They had only heard of Canaan, but never experienced it. They were worn out...bored and useless. I was "redeemed" so that Christ might have His inheritance now, in me, on the way to heaven. (My life).


Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is true worship. Romans 12:1
...you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. 1 Cor 6:20

If then you have been raised with Christ [to a new life, thus sharing His resurrection from the dead], aim at and seek the [rich, eternal treasures] that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. For [as far as the world is concerned] you have died, and your [new, real] life is hid with Christ in God (Col 3:1,3) [bracketing written by W. Ian Thomas]

For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10 This can only be accomplished in the power and complete energy of Christ in me, as He walked once only in the power and complete energy of the Father who indwelt Him through the spirit. I can do nothing without Him.

But, oh how I try. There are days in the week that I get up out of bed, take care of myself and Adi, get things done around the house, encourage friends, lead a ministry, teach a group of elementary kids, foster a marriage, be a faithful wife, loving mother and loyal friend.....ALL ON MY OWN. I strive, I work, and I most often fail.

"It is for you to be-it is for Him to do! Restfully available to the Saving Life of Christ, enjoying "the richest measure of the divine Presence, a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself," instantly obedient to the heavenly impulses-this is your vocation, and this is your victory!(Thomas 143)."

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it. John 14:12-13"


Do you know this Christ of who I put my hope in? Do you really know Him? or just of Him? If you will put your trust in Jesus Christ, not only for the horrible death He died in order to redeem you, but also for the life that He so perfectly lived and wants to live through you, your life will forever be changed. You will be born new, filled with the holy spirit, reconciled to God through faith in Jesus Christ, and given access to the very energy and power of God Himself.


Phil 1:6............Be confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ,...


a rose from Olivianna's garden....


We got a call today from the place that made Olivianna's headstone. They said that it is at the cemetary and in place. I will go tomorrow and spend a little time there. God can make ALL things beautiful.
Until next post....Christ be lifted High.
Blessings

4 comments:

ASHENFELTERS said...

You are beautiful Amber! Thank-you for being real. I always leave your blog encouraged and ready to give my ALL to the Lord. Thanks for that! Connie

Kami said...

You are such a beautiful soul. Your little girl takes wonderful pictures! I love them!

Thank you for sharing

Kami

Anonymous said...

Adi seems to have the blood too I see. Same as mama and grandpa!
But having such a beautiful model I'm sure doesn't hurt either.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, my dear sister.
~C

Aunt Nell said...

wow. Adi is better than I am ;) I think you've got a true photographer on your hands! You should be in FRONT of the camera more often, Amber. You are gorgeous and your smile lights up a room. They made me smile. What an encouraging and thought provoking post. Praying for you right now for your day tomorrow. May Gods hand of healing and peace continue to hold you! Love you Grovers!!

><> Nell