Wednesday, December 10, 2008








Thank you for all of your sweet emails, comments, phone calls and cards! We are truly blessed to have so many friends and family members rejoicing with us, praying for us, and thanking the Lord with us.

Today is Luke's birthday. I am so thankful beyond words for his life.
He is a kind man with a loving and generous heart. He truly loves the Lord and desires to follow Him in all things. He amazes me daily in all aspects of life.
I love you Luke Philip Grover. May the Lord bless this next year of your life. Happy Birthday!


I have been quite emotional since I took those two tests. I have missed Olivianna more in the last week than I have in quite a while. I keep reminiscing in my mind the 9 months that I carried her precious life. I talked and sang to her so much. I prayed for her constantly. I enjoyed her in the womb, because that was the only time I could enjoy her. And now, a part of me is afraid to move on. To love another baby as much as I loved her. To talk to and sing to another child....to pray for...to feel....to be a mommy to....


I called the doctor's office to make my first appointment on Monday. The receptionist took my name and birthday, and than very excitedly proclaimed "Wow, and you have a five month old baby at home!!!"
I thought that they would have inserted that information into the computer...Like perhaps, BE SENSITIVE, HER BABY DIDN'T MAKE IT. Or something of the sort.
After telling her that my baby girl is in heaven, she excused herself, and about 3 minutes later came back on the phone (practically in tears) and apologized over and over and over again.
Poor thing. I felt so bad for her.
My first appt. is on the 19th. Dr. Altman will see me right at 8 weeks to check things out.


Life has been pretty busy these last few (okay 6) months.
I am just finishing up Fall/Christmas portraits. (Can see some work by clicking on grover photography on the right) and looking forward to a little break. It has been so much fun taking pictures for families. I love the relational and creative aspects of it the most!

My dance class at Enslen has a performance next Tuesday evening. The kids have been working so hard and are so dedicated to the class and doing their best. The girls are performing a modern dance, and the boys a hip hop dance. It is so much fun to watch them....and sometimes funny too!

Yesterday at MOPS we had our Christmas meeting. An amazing woman from the church spoke and very simply and powerfully shared the gospel. She talked about the expectations that we have for Christmas and that we need to plan for the unexpected. More importantly, we need to prepare our hearts for the birth of the King...not just our houses, presents, cards, etc. Her talk was very convicting to me because I can get so wrapped up in doing "things," and saying "yes" to everything, that I forget to be still and prepare my heart for what this holy day is really about. Thank you Marti!


Praise the Lord for miracle weekend at our church. Big Valley deposited 1.5 million dollars into the bank yesterday that was given for the miracle weekend offering. Our church will buy a building that is located in the parking lot to expand the children's ministry at our church. God is so faithful.
From him [Jesus] the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.
(Ephesians 4:16)

3 comments:

Kami said...

I have been following your blog. I am so happy for you and your husband. I am so sorry for your little girl. She is beautiful. You are an amazing woman and I am so inspired by you and your strength. Good luck and I can't wait to follow your pregnancy.

Kami

ASHENFELTERS said...

Thank-you Amber, for being so real.
I just wanted to give you a scripture that God has been bringing to my mind all week. I am SURE you have probably read it to many times but it always hits me in a different way every time I read it! Anyway, it's Psalm 139. He knows when you lay down and when you stand up! He is with you ALWAYS! I pray that comforts your heart as you trust in Jesus throughout this pregnancy. Love ya!

Josh and Nancy said...

Amber-
You are so amazing! Your love for the Lord and dependence on HIM amazes me. I am so excited for your family and know that the Lord has great things planned for it. Thank you for opening your self. We are praying for a happy healthy baby!
Nancy