Friday, December 19, 2008

My heart cries out...

"Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me! For my soul trusts in You; And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, Until these calamities have passed by" (Psalm 57:1).

"Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, For in You do I trust; Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, For I lift up my soul to You" (Psalm 143:8).

My heart can do nothing but plead with the Lord to be merciful to me and to hold me in His arms as I mourn the news that we saw/heard today.
We could not hear the babies heartbeat. We could not see the baby. We could only see the 7.5 week old sack that the baby stopped growing in. Dr. Altman explained that this is a very unhealthy pregnancy and that it will not result in a baby. My body should "naturally" miscarry in the days to come...but for now we wait.

Please pray for peace for our family. And that this miscarriage process will not happen on Christmas day.

We are so thankful for you; our friends and family...who rejoice with us and mourn with us in different seasons of life.

We praise the name of Jesus Christ, for He is faithful.



10 comments:

Becky said...

I am so sorry to hear that Amber! You and your family will definately be in my prayers.

Jeanette said...

For people are not cast off by the Lord forever.
Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love.
For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to any human being.


"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,"
says the [LORD,] who has compassion on you.
--LAMENTATIONS 3:31-33 (TNIV); ISAIAH 54:10


Lord, I want to name your faithfulness, to identify you by the way you treat me. So today I call you, not merely Creator, King, and Lord, but the loving God who has shown me compassion.

Unknown said...

Praying for you, hurting with you and crying out to our God. May He minister to each of you just as you need it. Lifting you up before our merciful Lord.

Anonymous said...

I have no words for you and Luke. I'm stunned into sadness. Please know that I love you and of course will be praying for your hearts.

Anonymous said...

There are times in life that things will happen that we will never understand - Remember Always that during these times the Lord is holding your hands and catching your tears. My heart mourns with you and Luke - We will continue to pray for you both during these times. If there is anything I can do PLEASE just Ask

Kami said...

Oh hon, I am so sorry. God is with you and holding you during this difficult time. I will pray for you and your family.

ASHENFELTERS said...

OH Amber..my heart is so sad for you and Luke. May our loving Father lift you into his arms and comfort your souls. Praying for your family. Connie

Cathy/Nani said...

Amber, I have been rejoicing with you and still through my sadness for you I will choose to rejoice, knowing that our Great God knows the Beginning from the End.
I'm sending you hugs through my prayers.
cathy

Aunt Nell said...

Praying for you dear friend. May God hold you tight and shower you with his Grace as you come through yet another storm! God is good. Love you and praying.

Karen said...

praying for you and thinking about you guys tonight...we love you.