Sunday, January 25, 2009

As I sit here in my cozy family room, it is lightning, thundering and hailing outside my window. God's creation is absolutely beautiful. My precious (and sick) Adi is sleeping next to me on the couch; her sweet snore music to my ears! My hot coffee mug is in my hands, filling the room with the smell of carmel and vanilla. Mmmmm, delicious!
I am editing photos in photoshop lightroom. I am creating my website and business cards. I am asking the Lord to bless my photography business.


I am being thankful.

Thankful for my husband.
Thankful for Christ in me, the hope of glory.
Thankful for friends and family. Thankful for this beautiful house that I stay dry in. He could have given me just a box to stay dry....but He blessed me beyond measure.
I am thankful for a father and so many friends that share my same passion. Thankful for their time, energy and encouragement.
I am thankful for our church and their desire to serve the community. I am thankful for Olivianna's closet. For the ladies that have put hours into this ministry already. I pray for the families and single moms who will receive these clothes and items to provide for their children. I am thankful that God has used Olivianna to bring about mercy and grace to His people.
I am thankful for life. I value it. However short or long. I am thankful.


What has been going on in my life lately??????

I have been learning, absorbing and taking ALL things photography in. I feel glued to either my camera, my computer editing, my photography books, or blogs on photography.

I have been enjoying spending time with friends on play dates and MOPS events. Adi has been getting to play with many new friends and is simply outgoing!!! I love watching her interact and grow in relationships as she matures and learns. She is such a sweet heart!

I have been teaching dance. 48 students to be exact. I have 2 classes this semester and I just love the energy of the kids. One class is a hip hop class, and the other a disco class. The students gave me a very sweet card on Wed. just thanking me for what I do and for allowing all of them to be able to dance this year. What thoughtful kids!

I have been cleaning (well, one day this last week!!!) all of my windows (24 inside and out). Adi sprayed them this summer with the hose, and they have bothered me since than. I just finally got around to getting them clean. My house is just a little bit brighter since than!


Adi helping me wash windows. She is such a wonderful helper!

I have been wanting a baby. Or at least to be pregnant. My friend Becky just found out that she is having twins. My friend Krystin just announced that she is pregnant. My sister in love just had her ultrasound and they got pics of her sweet little baby. The size that I wished my baby was right now. I KNOW, I KNOW...God is in control and has a plan. I trust it and submit to His will for my life. Nonetheless, I still desire another child. At least one. Please Lord?


I have been waiting for a call from our good friends Jared and Kori (their maternity pics are on A Grover photo) as I am their birth photographer. They are having a little girl (Rhian) and due in 3 days. Every time the phone rings I jump up and think "maybe its time!" I am excited and a little nervous for this occasion; and very honored to be with them during the birth of their first child.


(I bought this fun photo hanger online a week or so ago and was playing around in a new program a friend of mine told me about. These are just some fun shots of my new photo collage that hangs above my work desk.)







Fun playing train with daddy!!!

Praise the Lord for who He is and who He is in me.

Christ be lifted high.

2 comments:

Aunt Nell said...

Beautiful, Amber. Your posts are honest, sweet, and real. God is using you...and the events that have happend in your life....for His glory. He will bless you in many ways!! Praying!!

Love you!

Kami said...

I'm sorry your baby was sick. I hope she is feeling better. I love all of your pictures. You do such a great job.

Kami