Monday, September 15, 2008

Wow, what a weekend of learning!

I spent Saturday and Sunday with my dad at a Nikon Photography conference in Foster City. It was an amazing two days of learning, meeting people and inspirational photographs. I definitely walked away with a greater desire to push myself in my passion of photography. I want to be more intentional about my subjects, adding my own perspective and creativity to what I shoot. The seminar also made me realize how much I need to learn technique and forethought in my photography.


This morning I woke up and had an itch to capture precious moments. What better a subject than Adalin Rose! I know that I use her as my subject a lot, but I just can't help it... She is stinken cute and animated! We hopped out the door at around 8:15 and headed toward the hills. We ended up in Knights Ferry and had a great time hiking, looking for lizards, peeking under rocks, racing across the covered bridge, and finished our little adventure eating fishies with our feet in the river! Everything was a golden amber color, it was beautiful!

Here are a couple photographs I shot this morning. My goal this morning was to shoot only in manual (no automatic). This was tricky for me because I have started to rely so much on auto settings. These are not the best....but they were fun to take!














The holy spirit braugth me back to a scripture this morning that really absorbed into my soul. Isaiah 40: 28-31
Do you not know?

Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.


Last night Luke and I were laying in bed talking when suddenly emotion completely flooded both of our hearts. Why is Olivianna gone? Why did she have to be the one in 2500 to have CDH? Why did she have to have several abnormalities? Why can't we hold both of our daughters at the same time? Why WHY...WHY...WHY????

These questions make us weak.....

But these verses fill us with endless hope, because He is the creator of the universe...He does not grow weary or tired...He renews our strength when we trust in Him....and He knows the answers to our "whys"...and I believe it is to make us more like Him.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

beautiful photos..God bless
www.nicaraguaartmissions.blogspot.com