Wednesday, September 10, 2008


My Grace is enough...

God's grace truly is enough....and He keeps reminding me of it.

I will start by telling a little about our Hawaii trip. Luke and I had a much needed relaxing time away. For 8 days we slept a lot, tanned on the beach, swam in the ocean, ate lots of good food, read some great books, talked a lot, watched some tv, drove around in our Mustang convertible, took lots of pictures, went to a luau, snorkeled, hiked and well....just had a wonderfully refreshing time together. It is amazing how quickly I can relax while I am on "vacation." Not a stress in the world....

Well, except for the night that someone broke into our condo while we were sleeping and stole both Luke and my wallets. They cut right through the screen, unlocked the door, shut it and locked it behind them. Then, they graciously passed up the two cameras and laptop that were sitting on the dresser and went for the money. We woke up to the front door slamming shut behind them at 2:40 a.m. As one could imagine, after our house got "shot up" back in March, we are a little jumpy to loud bangs late at night!!!
So, we spent about half of the next day talking to police, the condo security/managers, cancelling credit cards, freezing checking accounts, fraud alerts and getting money sent via western union from my parents back home.

Luke and I prayed that we would find the wallets. We even went and looked for them (around the condo). The security guards probably thought that we were crazy thinking that we would fine them. We prayed, knowing that they were not lost to God, asking Him to get them back.

And...we did. We received a phone call that evening from my parents who had received a phone call from a hotel in kaanapali about a mile from ours. The night crew had found our wallets, with everything in them but the cash!
Praise the Lord.

Although it has been a hassle getting bank accounts started again, we praise the Lord that we have all of our cards back, and don't have to go to the dmv. He totally took care of us.

It reminded me that even in a place the world calls "paradise," we are still not "safe." We will only be free from the attacks of Satan when we are present with Jesus Christ. Then, we will truly be safe. I have told you this so that through me you may have peace. In the world you will have trouble, but be courageous-I have overcome the world!" John 16:33

I praise the Lord that we can still have peace and rest while in this world, if we trust in Jesus that His grace is enough.


MOPS (mother's of preschoolers) started yesterday and for the last 5 days I had been crazy busy getting ready for our first meeting. It went really well and I think that the ladies had a great time getting to know each other and having a break from the kiddos.

All of the late nights that I stayed up prepping for the meeting finally took a toll on my emotional health and I totally crashed yesterday. My spirit seemed to crash as well.
Seeing all of those babies at our meeting made me a little sad. A baby that was in front of me is 2 or 3 days older than Olivianna would be if she were here with us...it made me emotional to think that she would be about that size.

It made me miss her so much.

....so much that I had to visit her grave this afternoon.

It felt good. I sat next to the mound of dirt that looks the same as the day we buried her, and simply told her how much I miss her. I placed some pretty white roses in the flower buckets and took the old flowers out. God was whispering peace into my soul.
And what do you know...when I got back into the car, the song "My grace is enough" was on!
Not a coincidence I guarantee!!!


Another monumental event has been happening at our house the last few days...
Adi has not had her pacifier to go to sleep for 5 days now. She also has been going potty in the big girl potty. She sits on her potty with her book and concentrates so hard. She is also figuring out that she can "stall" when it is time to go to nap or bed by saying that she needs to go potty. How quickly they learn to manipulate!!!
We are very proud of her and are excited about this new phase. She is growing up so fast.

Well, off to bed. I seem to feel better during the day when I am well rested (who would of thought!!!)


Until next post...HIS GRACE IS ENOUGH!




1 comment:

This and That said...

Wow! I am glad that you were able to get your wallets returned to you. It is such an encouragement to read your blog. How often I forget that His Grace truly is enough.