Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Where have the last three weeks gone????
Let's see...they have gone to the important things in life like my role as a wife, mother, friend and child of the King! As well as to a sick and very emotional daughter, a "to do" list longer than I care to think about, a delivery (not my own of course), photographing families, birthday parties, redecorating my bathroom, sewing curtains, framing my art, MOPS business, and shopping! I have drank WAY TO MUCH coffee and not enough healthy food. And on top of that, I am sure that I am an need of some exercise. I think it has been at least a month since I have done anything of the sort (well, my dance class counts...but one hour a week is Not enough!)
I am thankful for things to do! But so often feel that I need to just be lazy and relax, which is what I am choosing to do right now!

My dad encouraged me to put one of my photographs in the Modesto Camera Center photography gallery for this upcoming month. He is putting 8 up of his own, and I put one up! Next month maybe I will put more...for now I am just getting my feet wet! It will be fun to go on the Third Thursday Art Walk downtown at the end of the month and see it up on the wall with people looking at it. SCARY!!!!
I received a call from an old friend on Saturday letting me know that her parents were getting rid of a whole bunch of cool antiques that belonged to their parents. She said that she thought of me right away and called. WOW! Fun stuff. I picked all of the treasures up on Sunday and already found a home for some of them around the house. One item (the baby scale) I will use for photography! Here is a quick glimpse of all the goodness...

An old lantern

An old fan


My friend's grandpa was a doctor and this was the baby scale they used to weigh the babies on when he started his practice.


Adi and I had fun painting the beginning of the week. She was painting with Acrylic paint and learned the hard way that it does not wash off as easily as crayola washable! She had paint all over herself...and all over the table! I was finishing painting a picture for my bathroom and this is what Adi came up with....




We are hosting the first part of our MOPS and POPS progressive dinner at our house on Saturday evening. 34 people will be crammed into every inch of my humble abode! The second house that we are going to is the mentor mom from our MOPS group. She has an incredible house that totally inspires me. She does pottery and is incredibly crafty. Not only that, but she eats all organic...is super healthy and loves Jesus with all her heart! Talk about cool! We will finish off with dessert at my wonderful friend Corinne's house. We will play the newlywed game and probably laugh a ton! I'll be sure to take lots of photos!

A couple random photos from our week.....
fun curtains I made for the bathroom
painting for bathroom...

The precious little girl that I witnessed enter into the world!
Rhian Grace Heuvel- 7 pds 15 ounces

I was reading a blog the other day and really liked something that I read. This girl decided to think of 27 things to do before she turned 28. I thought about this and decided that I should create a list of 27 small things that I can do before I turn 28 too. So, after thinking about it and praying about it...here it goes....
    1. Shoot a "trash the dress" session
    2. host a giveaway.

    3. go on a backpacking trip with my husband

    4. Watercolor once a month

    5. Have some of my photographs turned into postcards and/or cards

    6. Buy and use a wrist camera strap

    7. Go on an adventure by train or boat

    8. Eat a lobster

    9. Read a novel

    10. Use a house cleaner once in a while

    11. Blog at least once a week

    12. Be an assistant for a wedding photographer

    13. Attend at least one photography seminar

    14. Spend the night in the backyard with Adi and Luke

    15. Clean out the files on my computer

    16. Play in a local fountain

    17. Completely surprise my husband with something creative

    18. Learn how to change the oil in my car

    19. Bake my own turkey

    20. Sew some summer dresses for Adi

    21. Teach Adi how to swim

    22. Make a home made video

    23. Do a full body cleanse for at least 10 days

    24. Take a full week off of the computer/phone and other electronics

    25. Shoot one roll of color film, and one role of black and white film.

    26. Make some kind of quilt (can be small) with all the fabric scraps I have

    27. Organize a toy/clothing swap

I have about 10 months left until I turn 28...I will update when things get checked off!

Until next post...
Christ be lifted high.






1 comment:

Kami said...

You take the best pictures. I have a Nikon D 80. I have no clue how to use it. I would love to take pictures like you. Your little girl is go georgeous. She looks like her mommy.

Kami